Last week Eye on Display reported from a Make Sustainability Happen boot camp training session.
Helen Johnson of IS Group, a specialist sign-maker based in Flintshire, North Wales, has also shared her thoughts of how being part of this event has influenced her thinking around sustainability
A Thoughtful Signage Promise from Helen
The definition of thoughtful is showing consideration of other people’s needs and being well informed on a topic before making a decision or forming an opinion. Being the well-rounded human you are, I know you love the idea of being thoughtful as much as I do, you incredible person. Which brings me onto greener signage or if I use the ‘S’ word Sustainable signage. I have to be honest, I am not yet comfortable with the words Sustainable Signage.
Why? Because so much is still being figured out and ‘greenwashing’ can convey a false impression. You won’t get that from me. I do however love the idea of thoughtful signage and will make a promise to you.
What does that promise look like?
- PRIVY Keeping myself and therefore you informed on all available, alternative materials on the market with no nonsense suggestions and facts to help you make informed choices in a step to becoming eco-friendly.
- RECYCLED Helping you to understand the difference between recycled and recyclable in material terms.
- OFFERING signage that’s built to last to reduce the need to replace too often. Have you considered what your short life signage is manufactured from?
- ‘MAKE Sustainability Happen’ Actively participating in a new network for signage companies. I am now a trained network member and participate in regular discussion.
- INFORM you on end of life recycling
- SCRUTINY Continuously reviewing our internal operations and making eco-friendly choices where possible
EVOLVE As more is known and understood I will evolve as a professional and keep you and my company informed so we can move forward together.
I will help you make thoughtful choices to protect our environment and future generations. After all every great journey began with a single step.
Who’s coming with me?
To book a place at further Sustainability Boot Camps, visit www.makeih.co.uk